Valentine’s Day is a wonderful opportunity to teach your children about how to love their neighbors. Young children can begin to understand the practical aspect of “loving their neighbor” by starting with those that live or work in their neighborhood.
Use the activities below to help your children look outside of themselves this Valentine’s Day and practice loving others intentionally.
This Lesson Includes:
- Talk About It: A short devotion to read and discuss.
- Scripture Cards: Scripture cards about love to study, pray over, or memorize.
- Copywork Pages: Copywork pages in print corresponding to each of the scripture cards.
- Prayer Cards: Prayer cards your kids can fill out to help them pray for their neighbors.
- Gift Bag Activity: Give small Valentine’s Day gift bags to your neighbors using the printable scripture gift bag toppers.
Download the Loving Your Neighbor Unit and get started today!
Valentine’s Day Treasure Map
For more family fun this Valentine’s Day, print out this free Valentine’s Day Treasure Map from Proverbial Homemaker!
Tending the Home Tuesday Blog Hop
Thank you for joining us at Tending The Home Tuesdays! If you are a blogger and would like to link up your favorite or newest homemaking related posts, we would love to have you contribute below. If you are just passing through, please feel free to browse. There is a lot of great information, tips, tricks, encouragement and challenges from many Christian women in the blogs below. This link up is hosted by Lindsey at Road to 31 and Stacey at Abiding Woman. We pray you will continue to join us every Tuesday from here on out as we get to know one another. Please feel free to link up as many posts as you wish from your blog.
We have only three small rules for our link up. We are not asking much. We ask that you read and follow them if possible.
- This is a Homemaking link up. We ask that you keep your submitted posts to those parameters. The topic of homemaking can be quite broad so anything Homemaking, Family, Parenting, Homeschooling is welcomed!
- This is a Christian Homemaking link up. We ask that your posts be of a God honoring nature. Any content which we do not feel meets this standard will be removed at our discretion.
- Don’t you want others to share the fun and fellowship? Please place a link on your blog post linking back here so that others can join in. You can either use a text link or use the Tending Your Home Tuesdays Button above.
Latest posts by Tauna Meyer (see all)
- 15 Natural Remedies for Morning Sickness - June 5, 2014
- Unique Baby Shower Ideas - April 28, 2014
- Homeschool Mom’s Prayer Lifeline (Printable Prayer Calendar) - April 23, 2014